VoIP Discover the Possibilities
- Posted by Tim Heitzman
- On July 11, 2018
- 0 Comments
You have probably heard the term VoIP or Voice over IP before in relation to phone service.
With VoIP service (also known as Hosted-PBX Private Box Exchange), you are able to use actual office phones without a traditional analog telephone line. This means that instead of your phone plugging into the wall via a telephone cord, it plugs in via an Ethernet cord, just like the one you use to connect your computer to the internet. (SIP Session Initiation Protocol connects PBX to the internet.)
So now you may ask, well if I am going to do that, why not just keep the analog phone that I have? If you are asking that, you would be asking a smart question.
Top five answers:
* VoIP service can save you 40-60% off of what you are paying now for analog service from one of the big carriers.
* VoIP service allows multiple offices to be tied to the same phone system.
* VoIP service allows you to receive and place calls from anywhere, giving you remote capability and the power to harness the freedom of the virtual office.
* VoIP service gives you a wider feature set than traditional analog phone service, such as: Voicemail-to-email, Integrated Conference Call bridges, High-end
features such as mobility, Presence, Google integration, and video.
* VoIP service allows you to get rid of your legacy (and costly) copper wire phone system.
If VoIP/Hosted-PBX or “phones over the internet” may seem new to you, the change is an easy one to make and could help you and your business team save money and increase productivity.
Ready to learn more? Contact SCI today, we will set up a no-cost, 3 device VoIP phone system in your office providing you the opportunity to experience the benefits before making the switch.